COORD CLINICAL I
Company: Envision Healthcare
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and
practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization
provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine,
radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women s and
children s health services to hospitals and health systems
nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies
and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to
form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now
provide a greater scope of service than any other national
physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local,
customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process
improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare
enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give
healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined
organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48
states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing Company in the
healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and
integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical
Coordinator at one of our practices in Jupiter. The Clinical
Coordinator Coordinates all pre-admission planning and
authorization based on condition, intensity of service and/or
severity of illness criteria. Performs all functions of
receptionist and medical assistant as needed. May float to multiple
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate!
* Prepares exam rooms. Assists clinical personnel during patient
visits. Remains with the patient during the exam. Obtains and
documents vital signs and lab work.
* Completes timely and accurate documentation of patient
* Collects specimens. Labels and completes lab requisitions,
including ICD and CPT coding. Sends specimens to lab per patient s
insurance plan. Performs reconciliation of labs and orders and
independently follows-up on overdue pending results.
* Performs all duties within HIPAA regulations.
* Processes prescriptions and orders as directed by provider.
* Stocks rooms and reorders supplies. Ensures supplies are received
as ordered; follows up on incomplete or inaccurate orders.
* Sterilizes instruments in accordance with OSHA requirements.
* Performs patient education. Communicates, under clinical
supervision, medical results to patients.
* Ensures all outside records are incorporated into chart or
* Tracks medical non-compliance and contacts patients as
* Completes requests for medical records.
* Greets patients; performs check in tasks including arriving
patients in the electronic medical record, instructing patients on
completion of paperwork, verifying patients' insurance if
applicable, obtaining copies of patient identification and outside
* Collects copayments, coinsurance, and self-pay payments;
documents payments in practice management system, prepares day-end
batches according to policies and procedures, and reconciles
payments taken with reports.
* Completes end-of-day tasks, including running applicable reports,
identifying no-show patients and communicating with appropriate
personnel, completing daily batching tasks, and other office close
* Answers multiple phone lines, ensuring quality and customer
service for all callers. Retrieves voice mail messages and
communicates to appropriate staff. Returns/triages telephone calls
if applicable. Answers, routes, transfers, and retrieves phone
calls and messages as required.
* Ensures referrals and outside records have been obtained prior to
* Communicates with Medical Assistants to ensure efficient patient
flow through the office and proper documentation of visits.
* Schedules appointments according to scheduling guidelines.
Adheres to urgent and add-on patient visit guidelines and
communicates such visits to clinical staff per office protocols.
Confirms appointments prior to patient visit if applicable.
* Prepares daily charts and maintains medical files and electronic
* Scans outside reports, results, and labs into the appropriate
sections of the electronic medical record.
* Maintains and order offices supplies. Assures all items ordered
are received and follows up on incomplete orders.
* Assists physician(s) with daily needs.
* Coordinates patient documentation for billing with business
* Interfaces with referring offices in obtaining referrals when
* Opens, sorts, and records receipt date of mail; forwards bills
and invoices promptly to manager; forwards correspondence from
hospital medical staff office or insurance companies promptly to
manager, and performs other general office duties as needed.
* Educates patient on procedures related to insurance
requirements/self-pay patient contract.
* Verifies insurance coverage/co-pay deductible, and obtains
* Makes appointments for specialists/facilities and obtains proper
* Sends appropriate documentation to specialists/facilities.
* Documents action taken (services rendered, cancelled, etc.) in
patient s medical record.
* Completes appropriate paperwork if needed.
* Gathers and presents statistics as needed, especially focused on
* Other duties as assigned
* Reads and abides by the company s code of conduct, ethics
statements, employee handbook(s), policies and procedures and other
corporate mandates, including participation in mandatory training
* Reports any real or suspected violation of the corporate
compliance program, company policies and procedures, harassment or
other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting
policies of the company
* Obtains clarification of policy whenever necessary and may use
the resources available through the Compliance, Human Resources or
Legal Department to do so
* High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and 3 or
more years of related experience
* Working knowledge of medical terminology, ICD and CPT coding
Certificates and Licenses:
* Registered Medical Assistant or Certified Medical Assistant
certification or license required
* CME as required
* Active CPR certification, BLS or ACLS if applicable
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
* Microsoft Office Suite
* Strong skills with electronic health records and practice
* EMR- eClinicalworks
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have
a strong work ethic, Join our team of experts! We offer a highly
competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment
eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about
E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit
Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Envision Healthcare, Palm Beach Gardens , COORD CLINICAL I, Healthcare , Jupiter, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!